Our Service To You
We are a friendly team of professionals whose aim is to look after you and the health needs of your family. All our staff are trained to put your needs first. So if you are worried or unsure, then do ask and we will be pleased to help. We are always striving to provide a better service; this will best be achieved by working together. If you have any comments or ideas for improvement, we would welcome your suggestions.
Please help us to help you.
Understanding & Communication
- Practice staff will offer a high standard of courtesy and advice. Please extend the same degree of courtesy and politeness to the practice staff as you would expect to receive.
- Wherever possible we will provide a facility for confidential conversation between patients and the reception staff.
- People involved in your care will give you their names or wear name badges to ensure that you know who to contact.
- Practice records will be kept secure and confidential at all times.
- You will be treated as an individual and afforded courtesy and respect at all times, irrespective of your ethnic origins, religious beliefs, personal attributes or the nature of your health problems.
- We sometimes have medical students sitting in on consultations with the doctors, for educational purposes. Please tell us if you wish to see the doctor alone.
Data Protection & Confidentiality
We ask you for personal information so that you can receive appropriate care and treatment. This information is recorded on computer and registered under the Data Protection Act. The practice will ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times by all members of the practice team. However, for the effective functioning of a multi-disciplinary team it is sometimes necessary that medical information about you is shared between members of the practice team.
Access To Health Records
The Access to Health Records Act (1990) gives you the right to see your medical records. If you would like to have formal access to your records you need to apply in writing to the senior partner. There is a fee for accessing your health records of £10, payable on application. If copies of your records are required an additional charge will be made to cover the cost of photocopying and administration. All information concerning you and your health record is confidential. No information will be given without your permission, except to other health professionals concerned with your treatment.