Online GP Service
All of us have become more used to doing things online in recent months and Portland
Medical is pleased to announce the continued delivery of our online GP service to
complement all of our regular telephone, video and face-to-face services.
Online consultation service
The online consultation service means you can get virtual support, available 24/7. The NHS
online GP service will run alongside the normal way of seeing your GP. It is an additional
service aimed at providing access online and to care even when the surgery is closed.
The new online service provides:
- Online symptom assessment any time of the day or night – log on and get an immediate online assessment of symptoms which will tell you whether you need to seek urgent help, make a doctor’s appointment or manage your symptoms at home.
- Online doctor appointment booking – a quick, easy, convenient way to make a doctor’s appointment.
- Online chat with surgery reception staff – instead of waiting on the phone, use our quick and easy online chat function.
- Telephone appointments – if you need to see a doctor you can choose to do it over the phone without having to come into the surgery.
- Video appointments – use your computer/phone/tablet to have an online video appointment with your doctor without having to come into the surgery.
NHS online GP services
NHS online GP services are happening all over England and Wales as practices like ours find
ways to improve services to patients and prevent people from having to come into the
Here are just some of the benefits our new GP online service:
- 24/7 advice.
- Access to online support whether you’re at home, at work or on holiday.
- Low and often no waiting times.
- Electronic prescriptions sent direct to you or your local pharmacy.
- Sick notes sent via text or email with no need to collect from the surgery.
- Access to a multidisciplinary team including doctors, nurses and specialist services.
Published: Aug 27, 2020
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.