Contact Us



Portland Medical Centre
184 Portland Road
South Norwood
SE25 4QB

Get directions (opens in Google Maps)

  • Portland Medical Centre is situated at the junction of Portland Road and Enmore Road, opposite South Norwood Swimming Baths.
  • It is easily accessible by public transport (buses 130, 197 and 312 stop directly outside) and there is ample parking in nearby streets.
  • We are also within walking distance of both Arena and Woodside tram stops and Norwood Junction railway station.

See our access information

See our opening hours


020 8662 1233

Please note that all calls are recorded for monitoring purposes.

I am a healthcare professional and need advice from a GP

Contact us through Klinik

Patient Feedback

Give us feedback

About Us

Learn more about our surgery


I have a query about my existing referral

Information about existing referrals goes here.

Visit Klinik

I would like update my details

Change of address

If you have moved to a new address, you will need to be in our catchment area to stay registered with our surgery.

Change of name

You will need to upload proof that you have changed your name. This could be a scan or photo of your marriage or civil partnership certificate, deed poll or birth certificate. 

Update your details via Klinik

I have a query about my recent test result

Our Tests and Results page contains information about how to get in touch with any queries about your recent test results.

Visit our Tests and Results page

I would like to request a blood test/scan

Our Tests and Results page contains information about how to request a blood test/scan.

Visit our Tests and Results page

I would like to make or cancel my appointment

If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give us as much notice as possible so that your appointment can be offered to someone else.

Visit our Appointments page to learn more

Sickness Certificates (Fit Notes)

You must give your employer a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (sometimes called a ‘sick note’) if you’ve been ill for more than 7 days in a row and have taken sick leave. This includes non-working days, such as weekends and bank holidays.

Visit our Sickness Certificates page

I need a private report completing

Information about private reports goes here.

Visit Klinik

I need a private referral

Information about private referral goes here.

Visit Klinik

Out of Hours

Croydon GP Hubs

Need to see a GP but can’t get an appointment? Our GP Hubs can help.

Call NHS 111 before you go to pre-book an appointment or wait to be seen without an appointment at one of our GP Hubs in Central Croydon, Purley, or Parkway.

Visit Croydon GP Hubs

Life Threatening

Call 999 or go to A&E now if:

  • you or someone you know needs immediate help
  • you have seriously harmed yourself - for example, by taking a drug overdose

A mental health emergency should be taken as seriously as a medical emergency.

Find your nearest A&E

Urgent But Not Life Threatening

Visit an urgent care centre if:

  • You have an urgent medical issue requiring on the day attention

Find Urgent Care Services


Use NHS 111 if:

  • You need help now, but it's not an emergency

There will be someone to provide you with advice and to direct you to a clinician if it is necessary.

Visit NHS 111 Online