Ordering a repeat prescription
If you are on regular medication the GP may issue you with a repeat slip to enable you to request your medication without seeing a doctor every time.
However, a repeat prescription will only be given where a doctor feels it is clinically indicated, safe and not available over the counter.
- Allow at least two full working days for your prescription to be processed.
- If you have more than one repeat medication, please try to order all your items together.
- Clearly indicate the items you require. If you don't need it please don't order it, help to prevent medication waste.
- Repeat prescriptions should be requested through your nominated pharmacist. Alternatively, you can request your medication through NHS app. OR Patient Access,
- If you have a question regarding your medicine, please go to our website and select administration enquiries.
- Clearly indicate where you would like the prescription to be sent.
To minimise the risk of your medication request being rejected, please ensure you tell us your Blood pressure, Height and weight every 6 months AND attend your blood tests when they are due.
This information will help the GP/ Pharmacist to ensure the medicine is prescribed safely.
The clinicians will prescribe the generic names of the medication, however the Pharmacist will decide on the brand. The GP surgery does not decide on the name of the brand.
Our Admin staff may send you a text message if there is a problem with your medication request, please ensure your contact details are up to date.
- Please see the NHS Waste Campaign
Please note: we cannot accept repeat prescription requests over the telephone as errors often occur with verbal communication of drug names.
Order Repeat Prescriptions
Please use your nominated Pharmacist to order your repeat prescriptions.
Alternatively, use the NHS app or Patient Access
If you have a question regarding your medicine, please go to our website and select administration enquiries.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.